In today’s digital world, it can be hard to disconnect with all the things that are always vying for your attention. And when you have a deadline to meet or things to get done, it’s important to focus on the things that can assist your productivity! At the end of each day, I know that I enjoy having things scratched off my to do list, as it makes me feel like it was a successful day where I accomplished something.
Life is crazy busy and sometimes I wonder how I do it all. Do you ever feel that way? Running from one place to the next with six to do lists; it may seem like the chaos never ends. Of course, most of it is self-induced, so I really can’t say much about it!
In the crazy world of marketing, below are some of the top five ways that I keep myself at a high productivity level:
- Make a prioritized list. I find that I am way more productive when I prioritize my to do’s vs. looking at them all at once, as it can be incredibly overwhelming. Also prioritize what has to be done immediately vs. what can wait. This makes your list seem a lot more manageable and also helps to manage your stress level. I use Evernote which helps me keep all of my lists in one place, and you can access it anywhere (app or online).
- Get rid of distractions! Close Facebook, your email and put your phone somewhere where you won’t be looking at alerts every five minutes. I am the worst at checking my phone every time I get an alert. Even better, consider turning it off! You can also consider using a plugin like StayFocused on Chrome to keep you on task and on a timeline on each site.
- Play music. Music can calm your mind and help get you in the zone to get things done.
- Get some snacks and water. Snacks can help me stay focused and my mind sharp. Drinking water keeps you hydrated and your thoughts fresh.
- Work in a clean and comfortable area. Working in a messy environment can easily create distractions of other things you need to be doing. If you are comfortable, you are also more likely to stay focused and relaxed. Just make sure it’s not too comfortable where you fall asleep!
I work in a small agency environment, so these tips work well for me to manage a team while prioritizing many responsibilities. Are you a small business owner looking to improve productivity? If so, I encourage you to check out Kabbage, as they provide small business loans and help entrepreneurs increase productivity in order to achieve their goals.
What are your essentials to to keep your productivity high? What tools keep you focused and on task? Share with me, as I would love to hear some new tips!