Whew. I can’t believe 2012 is over and I need to start writing 2013 on everything! Where did last year go?
Here’s a quick recap of my year:
- Started this blog! I finally took the step to write and share my life on Iowa Farm Grown. And I haven’t looked back!
- February: started a new job that I love with a fantastic boss. So happy to be working somewhere where I am challenged and feel fulfilled!
- August: Started Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute, a nine month community leadership program. Took a trip to Minneapolis with friends and to see a Twins game and took a trip to Colorado to visit my bestie from college and see my hubby’s cousin get married. Spent a few days in Breck for our three year anniversary and spent a lot of time with my husband’s family.
- September: took a trip out to Chicago over Labor Day weekend to visit our friends who we miss so dearly!
- Celebrated weddings and the birth of multiple babies with friends!
That pretty much sums up the big events in 2012. What a good year with lots of fun and exciting things!
We rang in the New Year by hanging out with our good couple friend, Mark and Meg Nicolet. We had a blast making a delicious dinner and grabbing some drinks to toast to the New Year.
On another note, we rang in the New Year this morning watching my high school band, The Pride of The Dutchmen Marching Band in the Rose Bowl Parade! It was so cool to see, and I definitely had goosebumps. They gave Al Roker a pair of wooden shoes, and he totally loved them!
I am excited about all that 2013 will bring. I need to start brainstorming on some resolutions for this year. What are you looking forward to?